Friday, September 08, 2006

Creepy

I just saw a Discover Card commercial featuring hundreds, no thousands, of scissors marching down the streets of a city. People didn't seem afraid and instead starting throwing their non-Discover credit cards at the scissors which promptly cut them in half. There's something about this commercial that frightens me. I can't put a finger on it but maybe it has something to do with a rule I was told to obey when I was younger. That rule was "Don't run with scissors." I don't know about you but if I were sitting at a cafe drinking a cappuccino and saw a multitude of scissors coming down the street, I would freak. Yes, definitely.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I don't like that commercial either for two reasons: 1) I hate "clusters" of things, so of course thousands of scissors will give me the creeps; 2) scissors CUT and I always get nervous when I see sharp things near people.