Thursday, March 15, 2007

Use the Force, Luke

Almost thirty years ago a little sci-fi movie opened up at theaters named Star Wars. I remember there were full-page ads in the papers advertising the opening. I also remember discussing with my friends whether the movie was being hyped so much because it was some cheesy low budget flick or perhaps it was going to rock everyone's world. I ended up seeing the movie a few times, having a crush on Carrie Fisher, and envying Luke Skywalker. I don't think the movie changed my life in any way except for maybe feeding my imagination and curiosity for science and space and the search for EBEs.

Any how, the postal service is announcing a new stamp on March 28 and as a teaser to the announcement, they are covering 400 mailboxes to look like the droid R2-D2. Anita T. Bizzotto, the post office's chief marketing officer said "When you look at a mailbox, the resemblance to R2-D2 is too good to pass up." I wonder how many of these special mailboxes might end up in someone's collection at home?

No comments: