Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My One Cent

A couple of famous individuals got away with it recently in my opinion. That would be O.J. Simpson and Robert Blake. Maybe Phil Spector will be next. But we still have Paris. Of course she only violated probation by driving on a suspended license. A misunderstanding according to her but then again she wouldn't have been on probation if she had not been caught driving under the influence in the first place. Bad Paris. Now she thinks it's unfair and cruel and doesn't deserve going to jail for 45 days. Poor Paris. Notice of intent to appeal have been filed on her behalf.

But this is what really chafes me: a petition to Governor Schwarzenegger to pardon Paris. Oh, please pardon her because she provides "beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives," states the petition. It even goes on to say "If the late former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late former President Richard Nixon after his mistake(s), we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake as well, and we hope and expect the governor will understand and grant this unusual but important request in good faith to Ms. Paris Whitney Hilton," the petition says.

I'm rolling my eyes with my arms outstretched to the heavens. Apples to oranges, people, apples to oranges. Aaaagh!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm sorry, but Paris Hilton does not provide "beauty". She looks mannish, and I would almost say she is ugly.

Tom said...

I don't find her attractive either but everyone has their own tastes. Apparently a lot of cops like her because they pull her over just to hit on her according to Paris.