Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mentos + Diet Coke = Cool

Ok, a local store had 2 liter bottles of Diet Coke on sale so I bought a couple plus a couple of boxes of Mentos candies (do they still make those in rolls?). Once I got back to the house I gathered the family outside and told them I was about to show them something they have never seen before. As I prepared to drop the Mentos into the Coke, I asked for complete silence and then a drum roll. Boom! Well, it didn't "boom" but there was a geyser of Coke that shot straight up about ten feet. The Little One was just giggling and my other daughter was shouting "do it again". My wife only asked me if I was going to clean up the mess. I of course ignored her as I set up the second bottle of Coke. As soon as I dropped the candies into the bottle I turned and ran but slipped on some Coke from the first try and fell (pretty hard) onto my side. Sadly, I wasn't able to see the second eruption but everyone said it was a little higher than the first. So, skinned knee and hand aside, it was a cool experiment.

No comments: