Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Just Another Little Thing

Taking into account that I'm just an Average Joe with no previous criminal record, how would the following be answered?
  • Convicted of DUI and violating probation from a prior DUI would I get jail time and how much? What if I was rich and famous?

  • Caught speeding on interstate and Trooper discovers a couple bags of pot and a bag of meth in the car. Jail time or a fine and slap on the wrist? What if I was a famous musician?

  • I'm being drunk and disorderly and resist arrest and shove (assault) an officer while slapping his hands away from me. Would I be charged with misdemeanors or felonies? What if I was a star football player?
  • What if tried to enter the secure area of an airport with a pistol in my bag and claim that I forgot it was there? Fine or jail time? What if I was an ex-mayor of the city or football coach of a legendary team?
  • What if I broke the law in a foreign country, jumped bail and fled back to the States? Would I be extradited to face charges or have the whole matter dismissed? What if I was a famous T.V. personality?

No comments: