Friday, November 02, 2007

Sagas, Monsters, and Dirty Money

I left work this morning because I just needed to get out for a while and went browsing at Best Buy. My $20 reward certificate was expiring today and I didn't want it to go to waste. I finally got around to buying the Star Wars Trilogy (episodes IV, V, and VI) with the bonus disc and I also ended up buying 28 Weeks Later because I didn't see it yet and am hoping it is at least as good as 28 Days Later. Perhaps I should have waited on Star Wars for the definitive boxed set which includes the original releases along with the newer edited versions but I was in one of those damned moods. But while I was looking around I found some Gojira discs that are finally made the way I've been wishing for. That would be the original unedited Japanese versions remastered from Toho originals. As a bonus the dubbed U.S. version is also included along with some bonus material. I will be returning for those. It's just too bad that this particular company only has licenses for 7 of the films.

After paying for my items I received some dollar bills back. They were filthy! The paper was almost the consistency of rice paper and they were covered with dirt or mud or who knows what. I refused to put them in my wallet or pocket so I put them on the floor of my car and I will be using those at my first opportunity. I also quickly used some liquid hand sanitizer I keep on my key chain. I think as I get older I'm more conscientious about germs and bacteria and all the ill effects of them. Am I crazy or what?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

This reminds me of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm....