Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Won!

Got this in my inbox this morning and I tried it out a little while ago. I can't believe I won. I never win at anything. Playing also kept me awake. Who in their right mind schedules meetings in the morning? Here are the "rules" and some testimonials...


>1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call,
> prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5"x5" is a good
> size. Divide the card into columns-five across and five down.
> That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
>
> 2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:
>
> * synergy
> * strategic fit
> * core competencies
> * best practice
> * bottom line
> * revisit
> * expeditious
> * to tell you the truth (or "the truth is")
> * 24/7
> * out of the loop
> * benchmark
> * value-added
> * proactive
> * win-win
> * think outside the box
> * fast track
> * result-driven
> * empower (or empowerment)
> * knowledge base
> * at the end of the day
> * touch base
> * mindset
> * client focus(ed)
> * paradigm
> * game plan
> * leverage
>
> 3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those
> words/phrases.
>
> 4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally,
> stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"
>
> Testimonials from satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
> -- "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I
> won."- Adam W., Atlanta
>
> -- "My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically."-
> David T., Florida
>
> -- "What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my
> first win."- Dan J., New York City
>
> -- "The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of
> us waited for the fifth box." - Ben G., Denver
>
> -- "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'BULLSHIT!'
> for the third time in two hours." - Karen D., Los Angeles

No comments: