Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Conflict of Interest?

I was at the Post Office yesterday to pick up a package which the mailman probably didn't even attempt to deliver to me. When I pulled into the parking lot I saw a FedEx truck emptying one of their drop boxes that is situated next to the mailboxes. I've always thought that it was strange that the USPS allows FedEx to have their drop box there. It just seems to me that since FedEx is a competitor that offers the same type of service as the USPS Priority stuff that there would be a conflict there. I remember years ago that Airborne Express had some kind of contract with the USPS in which some Airborne overnight shipments went to the USPS and they would make final delivery. Who knows? I think it's still odd. Imagine if I could go into a Barnes and Noble store and Amazon.com would have a kiosk with a PC there and I could place an order from it. That would be kind of cool.

No comments: