Friday, February 23, 2007

Lost and Found

So, last night starting at 11:53 PM, I started receiving a series of text messages on my cellular phone. At 12:42 AM another, then at 1:00 AM, again at 3:28 AM, and the final one (so far) at 6:37 AM. They were all from Blogger telling me that my multimedia message had posted successfully to my blog.

I had been having trouble with mobile blogging in the sense that I would try to post something but it would never make it to my blog. In some instances I would send something from my phone three or four times before I finally receive a confirmation from Blogger that it had posted. These sent messages cost money you know and it was really irritating to have to send the same message multiple times before it would post. I don't know if it is a problem with Blogger or my cellular service provider.

Anyway, during a recent road trip, I had tried to post some photos and ran into the same problem. I had to send the same message multiple times before it would actually post and then receive my confirmation. All the confirmation text messages I received last night and this morning were from attempted posts dating 2/16/07 and 2/19/07. And I had to go in and delete those "lost" posts because one of each had already posted successfully back when I was originally trying to post them.

No comments: