Monday, February 12, 2007

Violation

It turns out the last time I used the Tollway I received a violation. I seem to recall one of the "call" lights blinking at me when I went through but didn't think anything of it. I finally get a nastygram from the Toll Authority saying they want the .60 cents that's owed to them or face the consequences. I called them up and asked them why I had a violation and they said that the license plate information didn't match with the tolltag vehicle information. I explained to the woman that I had bought a new car and had forgotten to update the vehicle information online. She said it was my mistake so I needed to pay and take care of maintaining my account. Geesh, throw me in jail why don't you.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That happened to me before, but fortunately the lady let it slide (after admonishing me that I needed to keep my records up to date). However, what do they care?

Tom said...

Money is the root of all evil. Well, that could be argued but .60 cents is still .60 cents and it would have been better spent on a candy bar or something.