Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Warning

I was getting gas this evening and since I no longer enjoy watching the digital numbers on the gas pump change, my eyes were wandering. That's when I happened to notice the warnings printed on the plastic molding on the pump nozzle. To me most of them seemed to be common sense kind of stuff (Extinguish all flames, Turn off engine, etc.) but I guess you never know. The item that caught my eye though was "Licensed drivers only." Does that mean my mother-in-law who doesn't have a driver's license cannot operate the pump? How about a learner's permit? Can those teens pump gas or do they need to have the licensed driver accompanying them do it? And is it a crime for a licensed driver to pump gas for an unlicensed person? Even though it has been years since I took the exam for my driver's license I don't recall having to study anything about pumping gas.

No comments: