Sunday, June 04, 2006

Night at the Fair

Took the family to the annual fair last night. We were in the midway and watching one of those rides that loops you around in a vertical circle and often suspends you upside down. While the ride had the cars at the top, we all heard a "clang, clang" sound that was loud enough to hear over the crowd noise. Then a woman leans down and picks something up. My wife and I thought it was loose change or something else that fell out of a rider's pocket. But what the woman held up was a large 2 inch diameter metal washer. I quickly grabbed the family and we all moved a good distance away from the ride fearing an accident was about to happen. But the ride continued operating and nothing disastrous occurred. We went on to see the other attractions at the fair and had an enjoyable evening. I even got my picture taken with a squirrel monkey sitting on my arm. Now I want a pet monkey. ;)

No comments: