Monday, October 22, 2007

When Pigs Fly

Yeah, so I was hoping The Tribe would win the ALCS but I guess it just wasn't to be. But I digress. While watching different shows on FOX over the past few weeks, every now and then I noticed two red dots usually at the bottom of the television. The first time it happened I didn't give it much thought. The second time it happened my daughter was with me and she thought they looked like eyes. That's when I started to get the creeps. After that it would appear occasionally but at a different location at the bottom of the screen. And it didn't connect that it was only happening on FOX. I was really disturbed about it until I happened to see a commercial with those same eyes last night during the game. Looked like a Terminator to me and then there was an Internet address...www.takebackthefuture.com. Boy, was I relieved. I was giving myself and my daughter the creeps the past couple of weeks thinking we were being haunted by that pig (Jody?) from the Amityville house. Whew.

Also, while watching the ALCS series, I had a thought. A revolving stadium. Kind of like those restaurants at the top of high buildings which offer dazzling views of the city below. Everyone buying a ticket for the lower deck would pay the same price say $100, the mezzanine would be the same price $75, and the upper deck would be the same price $50. But since the stadium rotates slowly, everyone gets to be behind the plate or down the first base line or right field at some point. Well, it sounded good in my head. Hey, how about the players not using caps during night games? Or not spitting every other inning?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I wonder if it's the same two dots that Hank and I have been seeing. I thought it was just something to do with the sun glaring off the camera. Never noticed that it was only on Fox!