Monday, January 16, 2006

Project

I gave someone a project to do today and when I later did a followup I realized she had not even started it. I of course needed information from that project before the end of the day and that was explained to her when I first approached her although she denies it. Now I'm screwed. Ok, I'm not really screwed because the VP did say to get back with him today *or* tomorrow. It's going to end up being tomorrow but it could have been completed today.

I'm not the sort who likes to stand over someone looking over their shoulder or constantly calling them to see how they are progressing. Maybe I need to change my management style. I'm going to wait until tomorrow before I get this person in my office because I'm a little too irritated to deal with it now. Tomorrow when I'm calm and collected, I'll read her a page from the Doctrine of Tom and hope she understands that this will never happen again.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

This is why I like doing things myself. Maybe not efficient, maybe not appropriate when you have to use the leveraging model, but then I know it'll be done right and on time!