Saturday, April 01, 2006

Tamagotchi

Do you remember those? A little hand held device shaped like an egg with an LCD display? An alien or something hatches and your job is to feed it and play with it so it can grow up. I had one of the originals and was amused with it. The reason I bring it up is because my daughter asked for one last week. I didn't even realize they were still around. It seems that the Tamagotchi has evolved a little since the one I purchased many years ago.

So, being the frugal person that I am, I dug up my old Tamagotchi and gave it to my daughter. The first thing she asked me was where is the antennae for the wireless connection? Wireless connection? Just feed the thing and play with it until it grows up and goes away, I tell her. Even though it is not one of the newer high-tech versions, she really enjoys playing with it. I guess I'll break down and buy her a new one for her birthday. That way, I can play with my old one. ;)

No comments: