Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl XL

The game was much better during the second half. I was hoping that the Seattle Sea Hawks would pull it off but the referees were against them and the Pittsburg Steelers had a couple of lucky plays. The half time show was alright even if Mick didn't have a wardrobe malfunction. But I guess the world was lucky in that sense since I kept thinking about zombies and Night of the Living Dead during the Stones' performance. For me, the best part of the broadcast were the commercials. My favorite for touchy-feely, pull at the heart strings, was the Budweiser commercial where the young horse is pulling the wagon with the adults pushing it from behind; and my favorite for pure, tickle the funny bone, laugh out loud, looked like a Fabio commercial but had a twist at the end. Not a memorable Super Bowl for commercials, though. Maybe next year will have a better game and commercials.

No comments: