Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cingular Has Me Cinging The Blues

I got my Cingular wireless phone in March of this year and in these days no accessories are included with the phone. I decided to pay around $14 for a plastic holster that pivots and clips on your belt. My problem is that this holster broke a couple of days ago due to normal wear and tear i.e. being clipped on to a belt everyday and not able to take the stress. So I go to Cingular to see if I can get a replacement since it’s still in warranty.

First thing they ask is to see the receipt which I don’t have anymore. I asked whether or not they could check in their computer to see when I purchased the phone to determine when I purchased the holster. Oh yeah, sure, they could do that, but how would they know if I’m trying to exchange the same one and not some cheap imitation I bought online? So I show them the back of the holster which has a large Cingular logo on it. Then they say ok, but you still need the receipt to exchange it. Jerks!

So then they try to sell me a $30 leather case. I told them to f*** off and stick the case up their ass. Not really but I thought about it. I just thanked them and went on my merry way. Now I’m trying to find a cheap imitation online. ;-)

No comments: