Sunday, November 06, 2005

Parking

Last night, the family and I had to run some errands and afterwards, decided to eat out. We were in the area of our local university who's football team was playing a home game. Most of the streets were blocked off but that didn't bother me. What irritated me was that there is not enough parking at the stadium so people park on the side streets and in private parking lots. When I say private parking lots, I mean the lots at the grocery store, the Whataburger, the Walgreens, the strip mall, etc. I noticed none of those lots had signs posted about customer parking only and towing would be enforced. Except for the McDonald's lot which was empty. We didn't eat at McDonald's but another fast food place that didn't have signs posted. I was lucky to find one spot open and took it. The restaurant only had around 10 customers inside. I wonder if I had parked in a handicapped spot, would I have been towed? Not something I wanted to find out since I've had experience in this. Anyway, I'm guessing maybe the university reimburses the businesses that allow fans to park and not shop. Must be more than what the businesses lose in sales because the customer can't find a parking space.

No comments: