Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Cancun

Posted by Picasa
Beautiful white sand beaches, turquoise water, ancient history, the nightlife, and friendly people. Just some of the aspects of Cancun, Mexico that I will remember for a lifetime. My wife and I honeymooned there for a week and we had a wonderful time. So much to do and see that I felt a week was not enough time to take it all in. But with the aftermath of hurricane Wilma, most of Cancun is now in ruins. Watching the U.S. and Mexican news reports, I saw video of places we had visited or passed while there. It was kind of surreal to see our hotel deserted, a shopping mall we visited gutted, and the main boulevard we traveled daily flooded and littered with debris. Stranded tourists trying to get out, helpless locals who have lost everything, chaos and looting. I know that they will rebuild Cancun, they've done it before. I just hope all the lives affected by the hurricane can bounce back as easily.

No comments: