Thursday, October 13, 2005

Will DOOM be doomed?

DOOM is probably the first computer game that I became addicted to partly because of the great graphics (state of the art at the time), first person perspective, and plot. Who am I kidding? I liked the game because I got to run around and blast monsters with all sorts of different weapons. My personal favorite was the Plasma Rifle. Oh, and being able to join forces (co-op mode) or not (deathmatch mode) with your friends in the same game via a network or modem connection made it even more interesting. I lost many hours of sleep playing this game but it sure was a lot of fun.

On October 21, the movie will be released and I'm concerned that I will be disappointed. There have been many other games I've played turned into movies. Some of them I wasn't interested in seeing (Super Mario Brothers), and others were pretty good (Resident Evil, Lara Croft). I guess we'll just have to see if this movie can make me jump like the game did.

Note: I hear that DOOM III has super graphics and is really intense. I have yet to experience it.

2 comments:

Hank said...

I saw a trailer for the movie, and it looks just like the game... monsters look the same, etc. And if that was a hint, I'll send you the DVD for archival purposes soon...

Hank said...

by "the same as the game" I mean Doom3, btw