Sunday, October 16, 2005

I Want It!

I was in Sam's Club and passed the Cingular Wireless kiosk and to my disbelief, I saw the Motorola V3 Razr Black edition for $99. My disbelief does not come because of the low price but the timing of it. When the Razr first came out at the end of 2004, they listed for $599 if you bought it from Cingular. I decided to get one in February of 2005 because I needed a new phone then. At that time, it listed for $499, and Cingular had a promotion for $100 off, and I had negotiated a $75 discount through customer (non)service.

I was impressed by the phone and it's features even though it lacked a video recorder (it's in there now if you know how to unlock that feature). But just as my 30 days were coming to an end, I was having serious buyer's remorse. I had done a really good job at rationalizing the purchase but apparently I had forgotten all of them by then. I went back to Cingular and returned the phone and got my current phone, a V551. I jokingly told the associate that by next year, they would be giving the Razr away. Besides, I had read an article that Motorola was coming out with a black Razr around 3rd quarter, which I would prefer over the silver one.

The $100 off promotion ended leaving the price at $499, then a couple of months later it was down to $399, then $299, then $199, and now $99. I'm trying to convince myself that I need to get this phone now even though I know I should wait. Maybe I'll go ask my cat and see what he thinks...

The cat said wait because the V3X comes out soon and will be a lot cooler than the V3.

No comments: