Saturday, October 08, 2005

Sonic Commericals

I'm not one to laugh outloud during a commercial (except for during the Super Bowl broadcast), but there has been one recently in this area that made me. It was a commercial for Sonic and their Cookiedough Blast. It has a man and woman in the car, and the last thing the man says to the irritated wife/girlfriend is "you look pretty". Have you seen it? I absolutely hate all the other Sonic commercials, especially the ones with the two guys in the car. The seatbelts you see them using are fake. Reminds me of those orange things the safety patrol in grade school had to wear.

10 comments:

Hank said...

This is unrelated to this post, but why is this site called "Tommyknockers" but then the pic is of you reading "Skeleton Crew"?

This confuses me.

Tom said...

Good question. I think I'll blog my response to you tomorrow since I've already done one today.

Anonymous said...

the seatbelts are not fake.

Tom said...

Beg to differ. The seatbelts the two guys use are FAKE.

Anonymous said...

nope

Tom said...

Jesus F. Christ. Take a close look at the Jr. Banana Split commercial. The two dorks are not wearing *real* seatbelts. It's clear that the shoulder strap goes over their shoulder and down their back. 'Nuff said!

Anonymous said...

You’re right. That commercial does sound really funny with the two dorks wearing those goofy seat belts!!!!

Anonymous said...

... and this matters why?

Tom said...

'Cause this is a Blog!

Anonymous said...

I googled this topic to find out if I was the only one who noticed the seat belt situation. I guess I wasn't, but as far as I can tell I'm the only one who got it right. The seat belt IS wrapped around the back of the headrest and it IS real. They do that so the weirdo passenger can sit closer to his butt buddy to get them both in the same screen without zooming way out or using a wide angle lens. It ain't that hard to figure out.