Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Yuck

Anyone who knows me is aware that I don't like bugs. The people I work with are aware of this but they always seem to get me involved whenever something out of the ordinary wanders into the office. This morning, something was trapped in the overhead lights in one of the offices. When maintenance opened the fixture, out pops a centipede. It was around six inches long, one inch wide, brown, pincers on the end, and not friendly. They trapped it in a box and had to show everyone in the office their prize catch. The Man told them to take it outside and kill it, which they did. Later, he comes to me in an excited state and asks me to go outside with him. I reluctantly follow and he takes me to where the maintenance guys killed the centipede. The guys squished the bug's head and it had become detached from the body. But the body kept crawling around in circles. I wasn't thrilled about seeing this but obviously, the Man was. Throughout the morning he kept popping into my office giving me updates about the headless body crawling around. Alas, after about two hours, he informed me that the body had finally stopped moving. Too bad! I'm going to have nightmares for the next week.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

You have way too many scary true-life stories.

Tom said...

Those aren't the really scary ones.

Anonymous said...

Good story. But sounds like The Man needs more to do. :)

Tom said...

No comment. ;-)